"The first intervention in birth, that a healthy woman takes, is when she walks out the front door of her home, in labor. From that first intervention, all others will follow."
-Michael Rosenthol, OBGYN
Why Home Sweet Home birth?
- Relaxing, familiar environment
- Family participation
- More control
- Less likelihood of interventions
- More likelihood of a vaginal birth
Home birth shifts the power dynamic and places control in the hands of the birthing woman in a way that is impossible in any other setting.
I provide the Midwives Model of Care:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention